Incorporating movement practice, contemplative music, writing, and discussion in an inclusive environment, this 2-hour workshop offers an alternative approach for transforming stress and connecting to the authentic self.
Incorporating movement practice, contemplative music, writing, and discussion in an inclusive environment, this 2-hour workshop offers an alternative approach for transforming stress and connecting to the authentic self. The practices of asana (postures) sequenced with pranayama (breath exercises), meditation and journaling encourage a journey of healing physically, mentally and emotionally by promoting effective actions in daily life. Contemplative music will provide additional support for the healing space of this workshop. There will be time for journaling and group discussion. Please bring your wisdom to share!
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the value of basic vinyasa yoga that supports the growth of self-awareness, compassion and loving-kindness
- Begin to develop a sense of ground and center through practices of meditation, movement and somatic awareness
- Experience the benefits of a short meditation practice
- Know the benefits of practicing pranayama daily to continue the development of breath awareness
- Effectively create journal entries that identify self-triggers and encourage healthy self-expression
- Engage in self-care practices that alleviate symptoms of stress while promoting body, mind and spirit connection
$30 Early Bird (Ends July 8th)
$45 Full Price
Shakira Bethea is a holistic healer who practices as a licensed massage and bodywork therapist, and leads vinyasa and aerial yoga classes in the community. As a native of Winston-Salem, she is committed to the mental health of the community, due to her own struggles with depression, and non-conventional ways of healing. Her style of teaching is to encourage students to understand their soul mission through “active healing,” creating a healthier foundation for the whole self to fully expand.
Rob Meeker is a contemplative musician who plays acoustic guitar, banjo, and ukulele. Originally from Chapel Hill, he has experience working in Community Mental Health settings in Portland, Oregon. In the last several years he has participated in an artist residency for music at Art Farm, Nebraska as well as a musical sojourn at Green Bough House of Prayer in Georgia.
(Sunday) 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Fearless Winston Salem
1002 Brookstown Avenue
Ticket Section Title
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!